Sunday, April 5, 2009

Camping Anyone?

I forgot to mention a few other things in my last post: 

1.  Went to see a midnight showing of Fast and Furious Friday, proceeded by a whole bunch of Asian people showing off their cars in the parking lot after. AND a HUGE Pizzookie!!

2. Concert (mentioned in a previous post)

3. RUSH to Highpoint in Scottsdale, AZ to get in line for Nike Air Yeezy's for Andre. 
- I waited 11, LONG, back-breaking hours for the shoes and ended up being #15 (they only sold 12 pairs). I walk into the store to look around and Adrian Wilson (Arizona Cardinals Safety and store owner) walks up to me:

Adrian Wilson: I'm really sorry we didn't have enough shoes for everyone. You were really close, and the only girl in line! Were you getting them for yourself?

Vinette: No. I'm getting them for a good friend in San Francisco. It's almost his birthday and I thought it would be a great present since he's a real big shoe enthusiast! I didn't think you'd run out of those size 12's so fast!   

(At this point, I'm starting to realize that Adrian and Andre are about the same height and could possibly be the same shoe size. I thought Adrian would sympathize and say, " Well I feel so bad. I just so happen to have another pair right here. They're mine and they're size 12. Tell your friend HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"  Okay, didn't happen that way.)

AW: Wow! Tell your friend I'm really sorry. (AW looks to some of his employees) Make sure this girl gets taken care of, give he 15% off.

The employees immediately start handing me donuts and showing me the women's section of Highpoint, and asking me if I want to try things on. 

BASICALLY, I waited 11 hours for a Married to the Mob shirt but it was probably one of the best experiences of my life. I mean, I've never met such friendly people in AZ, who were so hardcore about their shoes! BEST FIRST NIKE CAMPOUT EVER!


P.S I can't believe people camped out in AZ, of all places! I called Highpoint on Monday and the guy on the phone laughed at me for a good 5 mins when I asked him what time people started to show up to campout!  

No comments: